Pasta is so good. Did you know that this sucker actually went on the paleo diet for an entire year? I thought it would help me lose weight, and it did. But by the end I was having nightmares about eating raw chicken, and a life without pasta and bread isn’t life, it’s a damn purgatory. I won’t say hell, as hell would be no food at all, and the slow journey to starvation and then death. So I won’t go crazy. So a whole year without carbs meant that pasta has been a bestie ever since. And combined with the release of the ebook, I’ve been into lemon pasta! Lemon peel, when heated, becomes so much more oily and flavourful, and this lazy pasta sauce takes full advantage of that! I used a very similar recipe in the ebook, hence the reference.
The good thing about the ebook has been that I’ve felt a lotta love. Instead of the things I worried about – bad feedback and the general embarrassment of selling my thoughts – I’ve had a lot of good, instead! Cute people like these ladies from One Raw Bite entered my instagram giveaway, and Kyra from viedelavegan has already made something from my book! It’s been suuuuuper cute.
But anyway here is some pasta to cook up, and make you feel good on the inside, just like I’m feeling at the moment!
- Penne for 2
- 6 sundried tomatoes, chopped finely
- 4 garlic cloves, finely minced
- 1 lemon, zest and juice
- ½ tsp freshly cracked pepper
- ¼ cup basil, finely chopped
- 2 TB olive oil
- In a medium pot, bring a few litres of salty water to a boil. Add the pasta and simmer for 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, combine the tomato, garlic, lemon, pepper, basil and oil in a small bowl.
- Once the pasta has cooked, drain the pasta, but reserve about ½ cup of that salty starch water.
- Pour the water into the small bowl, and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Rather than let the pasta sit in the sieve, pour back into the pasta pot.
- Add the oil to the small bowl of herby garlic, and give a quick stir. Now pour this over the pasta. Stir or toss the pasta to coat. Serve!