These little Pizzas were a meal using some left-over dal I had (no, I don’t think anyone officially knows how to spell dal/dahl/dhal). I essentially made these babies into a curry on a pizza, and they were gooood. And it also meant that I got my pizza fix, because it’s the closest I can get to unhealthy food these days. You see, my partner and I have made a pledge:
He – will have no marijuana
I – will have no refined/packet foods, like hot cross buns, biscuits etc. I can still have chocolate or pre-made burgers but as long as they’re whole food only. And not with lots of sugar.
Because they’re my binge-food addictions, so we’re essentially quitting an addiction together. We’re doing well so far, but lesbehonest there are some cravings and pizza solves much of them. So pizza it is!
- Pizza bases
- Tomato-rich dal, left-over from a curry night
- 2 TB tomato paste
- Fresh tomatoes
- Spring onion, diced finely
- Fresh coriander
- 2 white potatoes, cubed
- 2 tsp curry powder
- Take the cubed potatoes, and sprinkle them with the curry powder. Season well. Bake at 200*C for about 20 minutes, until puffy and cooked through. Set aside.
- Meanwhile, heat your dhal over a stove-top. Cook as much of the water out as you can, until it becomes a thick paste. If your dhal isn't very tomato-rice, then add in 2 TB of tomato paste.
- Take your pizza bases, and dollop a good tablespoon of dhal onto each. Smear to cover. Sprinkle with the potatoes, and bake at 200*C for 10 minutes.
- Once cooked, sprinkle with fresh tomatoes, coriander and onion.
- Feel free to mix up the toppings, or cook the tomato or whatever.
The second meal idea is just boring pasta. I’ve just mixed it up for more protein. Nothing amazing.
As the whole “meal idea” posts generally go, there isn’t really a recipe. I just make a regular pasta sauce, but now add in a can of lentils and blend it up in a thick sauce. It adds a bucket of protein and nutrient. And tastes good. haha