Another day another damn fruit in my food! What is happening? Well, I decided to follow this recipe and add some apples to my curry. The curry sauce was sweet, the sweet potato is sweet potato, and so now I’m adding apple. I thought it would be weird – and it was – but it was also nice. The apples soak in sauce and are poached softly, but it tastes good! Unexpected.
The recipe is originally by greenkitchenstories.com but I added in some potato instead of using brussell sprouts and aubergine (I think that’s eggplant?) I have served mine with spinach and wheat berries, but this would probably go better with a basmati rice which would absorb the curry sauce.
- 4 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 inch ginger, grated
- 2 lemongrass stalks, finely chopped
- 1 dried chilli
- 1/ tsp turmeric powder
- 1 tsp mustard seeds
- 2 sweet potatoes, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 2 apples, sliced
- 400mL coconut milk
- 1-2 TB soy sauce
- 1-2 tsp salt
- In a deep pan, saute the garlic, ginger and lemongrass for several minutes. Once it has softened, add the chilli, turmeric and mustard.
- Add the potatoes, and stir to coat. Add the apples and the water. Simmer for 20 minutes, until the potato has softened.
- Once the water has reduced, add in the coconut milk and soy. Simmer for another 10 minutes, then serve with some rice.