Panadeine forte claims to stop your pain fast. Panforte, on the other hand, is neither a shortened version of Panadeine forte nor is it going to let you down. The claims made by this Panforte include, but are not limited to: “just a taste” and “only one more bite”. Is anything out there real any more? We live in a world of lies.
Panforte is an Italian dessert. And boy, it is GOOD. The texture is chewy – very much like a muesli bar, but there’s caramelised sugar on top, and the flavours of nuts and sweet combine perfectly in a way that Uncle Toby’s would never be able to.
In summary; this stuff is so damn delicious that I ask you to tread with caution! Or at least gift it to someone else, because you won’t be able to stop yourself from eating an entire tray.
Probably the best thing to ever pass your lips. Don't doubt me on this.
- 100g nut A, roasted (any nut, but I used walnuts)
- 100g nut B, roasted (any nut, but I used peanuts)
- 100g nut C (I used pistachio)
- 300g mixed dried fruit
- 1 tsp cinnamon grounds
- ½ tsp mixed spice
- ½ tsp pepper, freshly ground
- 90g flour (any is OK)
- 1 TB cocoa powder
- 175g liquid sweetener (I used part golden syrup, part ginger syrup)
- 175g granulated sweetener (I used raw sugar)
- Preheat an oven to 150*C and line a large brownie tray
- Chop your nuts and fruits, then add to a large mixing bowl. Give a quick stir, then sprinkle on your spices. Stir well (you’ll need your guns out for this).
- Sprinkle on the flour and cocoa. If your nuts were unsalted, then sprinkle on a little salt. Stir again.
- In a small saucepan, heat the two sweeteners over a medium heat. Once the bubbles begin to appear and the granulated sugar has dissolved, pour into the mixing bowl and carefully stir it all together.
- Pour the mix into the brownie tray, and press down firmly with a spoon. It will be thick, so spread it evenly and firmly.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes. Remove from the oven and allow to cool completely in the tray.
- Once cool, flip onto a chopping board and slice in to pieces. Store in the fridge. It should keep for a few weeks!