This is another overly simple salad, that was a result of me throwing in the contents of my near-empty fridge. Making something from barely anything is a skill, and mostly it isn’t one I possess. Luckily my partner is not particularly fussy with food, as long as his belly is full. Boys are easily pleased when it comes to food, mostly, which is why he still lives in my house.
Thankfully, this meals was delicious, because unlike my partner, I have slightly higher standards when it comes to food. I like flavours and textures and balance in my meals. Especially when it is simple like this –
1 can of chickpeas, drained
2 TB kecap manis
1. Coat the chickpeas in 1 TB manis sauce.
2. Bake, together with the chips at 200*C for 25 minutes.
3. After cooking, coat with the remaining sauce.
4 carrots, sliced into chips
4 potatoes, sliced into chips
1 TB olive oil
1 tsp cumin seeds
1/2 tsp cinnamon grounds
1/2 tsp smoked paprika
1. In a bowl or zip-locked bag, shake together the veg and oil
2. Add the spices and shake again, to coat.
3. Bake in an oven at 200*C for 25 minutes.
2 cups kale, chopped
1/2 cup parsley, chopped
1 spring onion, diced finely
1 lemon, juiced
1. In a small bowl, stir the kale and the lemon together.
2. Leave to soak 15 minutes.
3. Stir through the onion and and parsley, just before serving.