Probably the only down-side of making pancakes, particularly if you’re serving for more than one person, is standing around and waiting for them all to cook. It’s long and boring, and often the chef is left standing there cooking their own pancakes while everyone else is happily eating! Know the feeling? Well it turns out that pancakes will cook in the same way that regular cakes do.
To make, blend together:
– 1 1/4 cup of self raising flour
– 1 1/4 cups of mylk
– 2 TB vinegar
– 1 chia-egg
– 1/4 cup of brown sugar
– 1 tsp bicarb soda
– 1/4 cup applesauce
– pinch salt
– 1/2 cup of berries (I have used blueberries)
1. Preheat the oven to 180*C and line a small tray
2. Combine all of the ingredients, saving the berries.
3. Once combined but not over-stirred, gently stir through the berries.
4. Pour into the prepared tray and bake for 10 minutes.