My partner told me that he gets the best parking spot at work every day, because no one wants to park under the mulberry bush. Free fruit? Hanging fresh from a tree? I’m there. And so I stood there beneath this tree, collecting berries, while barefooted. Now I have a bag of berries and I’m not sure what to do with them. I’ve never seen the berries at the store, and never see recipes using these delicate berries.
I subbed mulberries for regular blueberries, and made fluffy pancakes for breakfast! I absolutely love pancakes. I don’t like them sweetened though, and so berries make for a nice burst of surprise flavour.
To make these pancakes, you will only need a few ingredients:
– 1 cup wholemeal self raising flour
– 1 TB apple cider vinegar in 1 cup plant milk
1. Pour the flour into a large bowl and add the milk. Don’t overmix! Lumps are good!
2. Gently stir through the berries.
3. Cook and flip as you usually would with pancakes. These bubble nicely and so cook to a perfect golden colour.