Hotter weather makes salad eating so much simpler. There’s something dull and depressing about a cold food eat-fest during cold weather. But through Summer, I mostly only feel capable of smoothies and fruits. Perhaps that’s why they come into season! A good reminder to stick with seasonal foods…
Anyway, this salad is so super basic, which is why I made it for a basic detox salad. Most of the foods are in most fridges, so there won’t be any specialty store runs required. As a reminder, my partner and I are partaking in a detox based on the method of CLEAN – you can check out all of my cleanse posts by looking in the RECIPAGE menu.
|Today’s salad comes with a dressing!|
Salad serves 1 person
2 cups Lettuce/greens
1 carrot, grated
1 beet, small, grated
1/2 cucumber. chopped
2 garlic cloves, smashed
1/4 cup brown rice
1/4 cup basmati rice
1 cup water
1/2 tsp salt
1. In a medium pot, cook the garlic for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add in the rice and stir to coat.
3. Add 1 cup water, and 1/2 tsp salt.
4. Put a lid on the pot, then cook for 20-25 minutes. Add more water if needed.
5. Once the rice is soft, serve while still warm.
1 lime, juiced
1 tsp mustard, wholegrain
1/4 tsp chilli powder
1 TB olive oil
1. Whisk all ingredients together in a small bowl
2. Serve over the salad immediately prior to eating the salad.
|Don’t forget to make a mess!|