Today’s MOFO challenge was to make a new vegan friend. But being the introverted and anti-social git that I am, I decided to be broad minded in my interpretation. By that I mean: I chose to read it as a “new vegan food friend”. The food I chose to meet was the Mayver’s company nut butter range. I wanted to make a slice using the spread, and hot damn it was on sale, too.
I couldn’t resist getting some despite previously telling my partner that it is no longer safe to keep pb around me. I’ve tried to ration myself! Or at least use for ‘cooking’ so that I don’t eat it straight out of the jar this time. About half the jar was eaten straight up haha. Not too proud, I must say.
Are you like me? Do you suffer with the weakness that is sweet and salty madness – AKA the swalts. You get the twitches and the sweats and the…. not really. My partner thinks I’m weird for liking to dip dates into the jar of peanut butter, but it’s such a perfect match. Single-handedly keeping me out of shape. Not really. This is a simple little recipe for a slice that’s been coated in heavenly chocolate.
¼ cup peanut butter
¼ cup cacao
¼ cup hot coffee or water
½ cup dates
1-2 TB coconut oil
Optional – ¼ cup desiccated coconut
1. Soak your dates for 10 minutes in the coffee, to soften.
2. Grab out your food processor and add the dates and coffee. Blend into a thick paste.
3. Add the peanut butter, cacao and melted coconut oil. Add in the coconut if you’re using.
4. Pour into a small, lined tray and place in the fridge for 30 minutes.
5. Coat with melted chocolate (I used 40g) and fresh/roasted peanuts.