There was a definitely ‘cheesy’ quality to this dish that was rather impressive. I haven’t had pasta and not felt guilty in over a year. I am still not sure what I’m missing, but this was goooood. And perfect for this weather. Even while writing, my hands are running slowly due to coldness.
Give me pasta!
– pasta for 4 peeps
– 1 cup mini tomatoes
– 3 garlic cloves
– 1 cup basil leaves
– 1/4 cup olive oil, or less
– 2 TB yeast
1. Preheat oven to 400F and line a baking sheet. Place sliced tomatoes on the sheet and drizzle with oil, salt, and pepper. Roast for about 1 hour.
2. Process 2 garlic cloves and nuts. Add in the oil, optional nutritional yeast, and 1.5 cups of roasted tomatoes. Process until chunky.
3. Season generously with salt and pepper.
4. Pour your desired amount of pesto over the cooked pasta and mix well.