Sweet and filling, these little snacks were a bit too yummy for me. And by that I mean I struggled with not eating all of them very, very quickly. I blended the base ingredients up into a paste, which I hadn’t intended. But that turned out to be a good decision, as these cups were smooth and much more like a nougat in texture. They also kept their shape without needing freezing.
Ingredients – makes 12 cups
– 1 cup dates – soak in boiling water
– 1 cup nuts (almonds and pecan were used)
– 3 TB maca powder
– 3 TB cacao butter, melted
– 3 TB cashew butter
– 100g dark chocolate
– 1 TB coconut oil
- To make the base, blend together the nuts, maca, cashew butter, cacao butter and a little bit of vanilla flavour. Blend for a minute, until the nuts begin to break down. Season with a little salt.
- Drain the dates, and then chop them a little, before adding to the blender. Blend until a paste forms, and everything has mixed together well.
- Press into a small silicone muffin tin – this will make 12 cups. Move to the fridge.
- Melt the chocolate in a small bowl. Stir in the coconut oil and then spoon over the nut base. Return to the fridge and cool until the chocolate has hardened.
- Turn the cups out of the silicon and store in a container in the fridge.