This recipe uses hemp protein, which has no THC. I will admit that this loaf smells uncomfortably like a ‘naughty edible’ and so please be aware of that. I hadn’t quite anticipated it when I came up with the idea, as the raw hemp is relatively odourless. Note: upon cooling down there is no longer a strong odour.
It’s not the type of cake I would give to my mum because she would not likely believe I haven’t baked in marijuana. I used the hemp protein for the outstanding nutritional profile it has. This [whole] cake has about 25g protein + 1 g Omega 3 + 3.5g Omega 6 + 10g fibre from the hemp alone. Which I think is pretty good.
- 3 bananas
- ½ cup mylk
- 1/3 cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp mixed spice
- Pinch salt
- 2 TB lemon juice
- ¼ cup coconut oil
- 2 TB flaxmeal
- 1/3 (50g) hemp protein meal
- 1 ½ cups self-raising wholemeal flour
- Preheat the oven to 180°C and prepare a large loaf pan.
- In a small blender, combine the bananas, mylk, flax and oil. Blend well. Pour into a bowl. Stir through the sugar, lemon and spices. Add the flour and hemp last. Stir this through and then pour into the loaf tin.
- Bake for 50 minutes, or until the top no longer feels squishy. Allow to cool on a wire rack. Avoid giving to suspicious people.