Now, to the pizza. It was filling, and a beautiful colour. I honestly didn’t expect it to work, so when it did I was a happy girl. Gluten free, bright orange, and filled me up like a balloon, but without the bloating. This is actual vegan food porn, right here. Recipe is from wholeheartedeats.com
1. To make, roast 750g pumpkin in a tray half-filled with water. This will take about 40-60 minutes at 200*C.
2. When cooked, add to a large mixing bowl.
- 1 cup nut flour
- 3/4 cup chickpea flour
- 3 TB flaxmeal soaked in 6 TB boiling water
- 1 tsp oregano flakes
3. Mix well and then shape into two 30cm pizzas. Allow to sit for 10 minutes.
4. When ready, bake at 200*C for 30-35 minutes, flipping half way through. Bake it on baking paper to make this a lot easier!!
5. Remove from the oven, and add you toppings. I used the seitan, capsicum, peas/corn and basil (which I put on after cooking). Bake for another 10 minutes.
6. Once cooked, remove and allow to sit 10 minutes before offering up to a hungry table.
I’d like to preface this post with a WOW, what an awesome seitan recipe. The seitan used here was so easy to handle and tasted delicious. Check out the recipe here at thatwasvegan.com