This was one of those dishes that appeared too simple to be really tasty, and I was pleasantly surprised. I used an Indian curry powder, and fresh Singapore noodles. The recipe was from Forks over Knives cookbooks, and I was pleasantly surprised.
I, personally, am not a fan of any cookbook that doesn’t have a picture for each dish! I eat with my eyes, as well as my mouth. I understand that food is fuel, but I really have always loved the experience of eating and the feeling that healthy food gives me. But I got the recipe book for Christmas and I had a good look at all of the recipes in there, and must say that I have had a few doozies…
Anyway, to make:
- Heat some oil in a wok. Add a few smashed cloves of garlic and some onion.
- Cook for a few minutes, then add in a punnet of mushrooms, sliced. Cook the liquids out before adding in any additional veggies – capsicum, carrot, peas etc.
- When you have cooked the veggies, add in the noodles and mix through.
- In a small bowl combine 2 TB pepper + 2 TB soy sauce + ½ cup veggie stock + 1 TB curry powder.
- Pour it over the noodles and stir to coat. Remove from the heat and serve.