Now, if there is a word that is thrown around way too much, it’s the word ‘superfood‘. What are these, and what is it that makes them super??
Below are the foods that I consider to be the most super of all super! Foods that you NEED.
- Algaes – spirulina, chlorella…Algae is packed with chlorophyll, essential amino acids, calcium, magnesium, iron, trace minerals, along with vitamins B6 and B12 . They have antioxidant properties, and also help with heavy metal detox
- Cacao – is the highest antioxidant food on the planet, the #1 source of antioxidants, magnesium, iron, manganese, and chromium and is also extremely high in PEA, theobromine (cardiovascular support), and anandamide (“bliss chemical”). Raw Chocolate improves cardiovascular health, builds strong bones, is a natural aphrodisiac, elevates your mood and energy, and increases longevity.
- Coconut – I hardly need to say! See my other posts.
- Hemp – seeds and oil – The oil and the seeds of the hemp plant are very high in essential fatty acids. Actually the omega 6 and 3 ratio is ideally balanced in hemp seeds, 3:1, which makes it powerful against cancer. Hemp is also rich in trace minerals and protein.
- Kale – One cup 9% of the daily value of calcium, 206% of vitamin A, 134% of vitamin C, and a whopping 684% of vitamin K. It is also a good source of minerals copper, potassium, iron, manganese, and phosphorus.
- Seaweeds and sea vegetables – Seaweeds are super rich in the minerals. Source for iodine, calcium, selenium, magnesium, folate, iron, vitamin A, vitamin C, vitamin B1, B2 and B12. They are also rich in iron, improve cholesterol, clear skin, and strengthen the immune system.